Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Glamorous Life by Nikki Turner


I just finished my first Nikki Turner book, titled The Glamorous Life...the book was really good. From the first few pages till the last chapter I was hooked. I couldn't wait to find out what was gonna happen next..the characters were so crazy, bold and real. The way she would capture real human emotion in a situation was really amazing. I myself have never lived the lifestyle of the characters in the book..but could easily understand everything that was going on, including the slang terms and situations. I would have loved to have had another chapter or two to kinda close out the whole story. I think that she gave so much detail in everything else that to end on such a simple note..was like..ahh I expected more. This will not be my last Nikki Turner book and I look forward to her future publications. Definitely one to tell the girls to check out.

LIKES:
The whole book..it was really good, strong storyline and kept my attention. Flowed from chapter to chapter...situation to situation.

DISLIKES: The last chapter, to short! I think there should have been another 1-2 chapters to wrap the story up..giving us an overview of the next few years..as she had done in some of the previous chapters through out the book.

No comments: